Princess Kim is upgraded to Queen Kim. Whereas Paul is… just being Paul. Congrats to the two of you!
It feels like not long ago we were still Form 1 kids in oversized school uniforms, doing mischievous shit and our world was confined to the school premises. Next thing you know, many of our buddies are getting married pair by pair and starting to have kids. And it’s 2 to 3 more years before we hit the third decade!
1. I had just returned from conducting my last 3 day Continuity Income Workshop in Singapore! The weekend before, I ran the same program right here in Malaysia. Not counting the weekend workshop that I casually did in 2009, this is the first two ‘serious’ workshops I’ve done and there’s no looking back – I am already this far into the seminar business.
2. Admittedly, I did not put in a lot of preparation for the workshops the same way I did for my 90 minute presentations. I thought I could pull it off nearly flawless because I practice Internet Marketing as a second nature. However looking at the feedback forms submitted from my students, there is indeed a lot more room for improvement. Way lot more.
3. It’s a different ball game in the seminar business. I realize that all my years selling information products is still inadequate to prepare me for fame and glory in this arena. While I plan to conduct the Continuity Income Workshops again next year, I have to start making changes NOW. Simplify my course. Create a lasting and fun experience.
4. I will also need a dedicated team for this. Now I totally suck with people overall, which is why I had been putting off the idea of having an office and a full-time team. Right now it’s go big or go home, and I’ve been sitting at home for years. Will be checking out some potential office premises in Petaling Jaya this week, and make an appointment with Jonathan Quek to pick his brain on how to build a team.
5. Also booking a Skype session with Eugene Hennie on his Facebook marketing skills. Shared with him how to draw people to his workshop, now it’s time to call in the favor.
6. It’s a dangerous time to rest on my laurels just because the workshops are over. So I am keeping myself occupied with 3 product launches in November – in 3 different niches. Good to have Elle back really… we are partnering up again for the first time in 2 years to get into the graphics niche. 🙂
7. My next speaking engagement brings me to Cyberjaya – the DARE BIZ Showcase. Nov 22 & 23. Need to get ready for that one, and polish my presentation and closing before that!
“No one writes down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy, or stupid. Those things are what happen when you don’t have a plan.”
Busy month this month! But on a short notice, I squeezed in time for The Art Of The Startup seminar at the MindValley HQ just before I drive to Johor.
Right now I’m on a speaking circuit and workshop gigs and while I’m picking up steam for the last several months, I am looking to get fresh ideas and strategies to grow my business to the next level – or heck, start something new altogether!
It is also interesting to note that I met Vishen and his then partner Mike Reinings for the first time back in 2006. At that time, their office was in KL Sentral and their employees numbered no more than the fingers on both my hands. Me? I had just got myself out of the mountain of debt I was in the year before, LOL they’ve been experiencing Quantum Leap ever since!
I didn’t expect to meet a lot of familiar faces at the same event – 4 of the Wealth Summit 2013 speakers to name one.
Adam Wong (bestselling author of Lucky Bastard!) and Joel Chue came from Singapore – too bad, like Cayden Chang, they had to leave and catch their flight back… so no opportunity to take a photo with them 🙁
On a trivial note, I have met many mutual friends between myself and Michael Teoh, and even though we have known and interacted with each other online since 2009, we have yet to meet in person until now! Hope that comes soon… before we get any older!
Now, the big question: to start my own office or no? Hmm…