Ever since I started Musemancer as a company with full-time staff last year, I frequent the gym about 1-2 times a week compared to average 3 times a week before.
With the long holidays, I’ve squeezed in the past two days with gym training at QLS Fitness, and topping off with home training.
Good news is: my chest and arms are more solid now.
Not so good news: somehow the flabs accumulate at the love handles, lol
Andrew “BEAST” Lee and I at the gym today. 🙂
OK current progress update:
Current body weight: 65 KG
- Squats – 65KG x 6 reps x 4 sets
- Deadlifts – 100KG x 6 reps x 4 sets
- Bench Press – 60KG x 6 reps x sets
My goal now is to get rid of the little flabs at the sides, that’d make what will be the perfect body for me! 🙂
I won’t be going anywhere for the time being until my trip to the US in February next year. I’ll be clocking in gym time again on at least two times a week – and beyond that, do my own workouts at home with body weight training.
My motivation has been renewed ever since friends commented I look buffer now. YES, A BIG WIN considering that I failed my attempt in 2012. I was putting on muscles but vomited it all out and felt nausea for a very loooong time, thus shrunk back. Plus for most of my life I have to bare with people around me saying how thin and scrawny I was, and “ah boy boy, you need to eat more rice”.
I weighed 59-60 kilos average then; now I am consistently 65 kilos for the last three months.
One of my recent photos. Yes, I’m making gains!
Yesterday I visited the QLS Fitness gym and my latest PR for dead lifts is 120 kilos or 264 lbs. A 22 lbs increase since my best record of 242 lbs in 2013!
I was gunning for 130 kilos which would have been double my body weight but alas, I couldn’t even lift the bar off the ground. Not even 125 kilos. So 120 kilos it was. I shall try again in a couple of months.
While I am happy with my progress, the increase in body weight came at a price: I also put on some unwanted love handles on the sides. And I’ll be hitting 30 soon, which means I need to watch what I eat now more than before.
Now that I’ve achieved my long desired ideal body weight, it’s time to go for that ideal body: get rid of the flabs and replace with six packs!
I’m now at 62.8 KG (138 lbs). Yes! Gained some weight since. For the longest time I was stuck at 59 to 60 kilos. I still have a bit more to beat my heaviest weight achieved back in June 2012 which was 63.1 KG – some of which I puked out later no thanks to stomach issues!
Also achieved 2 new PRs today:
- Bench Press – 130 lbs x 3 reps, and
- Bench Press – 140 lbs x 1
I’ve never been strong at bench presses and usually lift about 80% of my body weight at best – that is until today.
The best I did was April last year when I was on a 4 day-a-week intensive training regime. So to get to this level on just once a week training (and gaining weight to top that) is really good!
Most of my time is occupied with my new Musemancer venture and since I abandoned the ‘work from home’ lifestyle, my gym training fell from 3 times a week to once a week average now.
Which is why I signed on to the next Viper Challenge in March 2015, so I remain committed to training and give myself a solid purpose. It would really suck to slouch back into mediocrity and surrender my years of training. LOL
Well, less than a month actually.
I had been away from my regular gym training for two weeks when I was giving Musemancer the kickstart. Since the team is in its infancy, I have to be in the office most of the time before my team matures and knows how to run the day-to-day operations of our digital publishing business.
Until then, I have to train in the evenings and on my own on some nights.
In spite of being away for two weeks, surprisingly I achieved a new PR!
[In This Training Cycle, Every Rep Has A 1 Second Pause]
Bench Press: 114 lbs x 4-6 reps x 4 sets
Shoulder Press: 30 lbs each hand x 6-8 reps x 4 sets
Squats: 130 lbs x 6 reps x 4 sets
All excluding warm ups. My body weight hasn’t changed i.e. 132 lbs give or take. I seem to work better with longer rest in between i.e. 2-3 minutes. Although any longer than that and my body would shut down and get lazy. LOL
I felt better this past week after taking antacid for gastric relief which has been constantly affecting me for the past two years. YEAAA
Will keep my training consistent until Viper Challenge on November 1.
20 kilometers. 22 obstacles.
Never jogged or walked 20km before, so this is going to be a first!
1. I will be going to Bandung, Indonesia again on 28th Feb – 3rd March to attend a Facebook Ads private workshop. The program will be conducted by the same underground marketers I met last month. Looking forward to learn their trade and network with them after the event, and look into possibilities of doing a product launch joint venture.
2. I have to watch what I eat and come up with something to withstand their chain smoking habits though; last trip I went there things didn’t go well for me! I wasn’t prepared for the cold weather, the food was too oily / starchy and sitting in discussion with their chain smoking habits set off my dizziness and nausea feeling! Yucks.
3. I started recovering during the Chinese New Year and went back to gym again last week. My training session is all about getting back my form and gradually return to lifting heavy again. It’s obvious that I shrunk quite a bit when I look into the mirror. LOL