Here is a quick stop gap update. It’s been 3 months and counting ever since Internet ceased to work at my new home. With interference from the nearby lake and surrounding house holds crowding in on the already weak signal, it is hopeless to try to get anything done at home. So I have been working from Starbucks almost daily – like right now.
1. Two weeks ago, I invited the representative from Telekom to my place to discuss how they can bring UNIFI to my residential area, and I could have sworn the whole neighborhood entered my house when I informed them on the meeting!
Turns out, our new area is short of 20 more applications before TM can consider coming over to install the fiber optics for the phone lines and UNIFI. I am now in charge of getting the remaining submissions from the neighborhood and once this is done, it will be another 3 more months until there are phone lines and reliable Internet connections at my area.
2. So in the mean time, I have been leeching WIFI from various Starbucks outlets, friends houses and offices. Next week I will be viewing a potential office space to rent so I can get my business going and growing. This predicament has forced me out of my comfort zone, literally!
3. In spite of the predicaments, I was still able to pull off my product launches, three of which were a success! White Label Firesale did 1000+ Front-End copies. My Continuity Income Videos PLR made JVZoo POTD. And a third covert launch took place under a pen name, which made to #2 on ClickSure marketplace during the launch week (if you know about ClickSure then you will know why I am secretive about my pen name there!)
4. The success of Continuity Income Videos PLR happened at an impeccable timing. It was the same night I was doing my preview seminar “Continuity Income Secrets” to a group of 40 participants.
5. To sum it up, I have been flying by the seat of my pants for the past 3 months and there’s no sign of that stopping anytime soon. It had been very frustrating but it also reminded me how hard I tried when I was just starting out. As my friend Khai put it, “at least it makes you feel more alive now.”
Yup buddy. I guess if I were just rooted at home, I wouldn’t have conceived the idea or gather the courage to call her out. 🙂
I’d like to write more but I better get going now. I just started printing my own hard copy DVDs for my upcoming seminars and workshops and I have to collect them soon!
At 3:00 AM-ish I was on my way home from Khai’s house when I witnessed a Proton Waja hit the sides on the opposite lane; the car ended up on my lane and when the passenger was sent crashing out the windscreen.
A couple of passer-bys and I stopped our cars and we managed to get the victim out of the car just in time before the vehicle exploded and burst into flames.
Just when you think this happens only in the movies.
I hesitated when I saw rummage of smokes quickly turned into fire at the front hood of the car, next to the victim. But somehow I plucked the courage and ran over – along with two other passer-bys – to help the driver evacuate his friend.
The driver got away with minor injuries, but to think his friend was just a minute away from getting killed in that flames.
I still shudder at the thought if I hadn’t acted on it – or what if I had acted too late? The man could have died there and then; maybe all of us if we were late by a short moment.
There was great difficulty getting to 999; police arrived first and the Bomba about 15 minutes later to put off the fires (there were small burst of flames now and then).
Ambulance came 20 minutes later. The man is saved, and fortunately not in such a critical condition since he could still speak albeit not see who hauled his ass out that night.
Die another day.